Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Learning to love writing...again

Throughout the past weeks I have been challenged to become a better writer. I have tediously erased, re-worded, and re- formatted trying to write something I could be proud of. I think for me this class has brought out the writer in me. This class has brought life to an art form I had forgotten I loved.  I love putting words to the mess in my mind. I love researching, questioning, and debating ideas in my mind. This class while challenging, has reminded of all the writing I have in me. This class has also showed me the world of reading I have yet to read. I believe everyone has a writer in them, whether it be professionally or personally and I believe this class truly pushed those who wanted that push. I came into this class open minded, knowing that I had some basic understanding of writing, but I had no idea how basic my understanding was. I very much thank Professor Hamon, for pushing, challenging, and replying to my nonsense emails. It may be time to close the chapter on this class, but it is most definitely the start to a world of writing for me.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I’m so happy that this was your experience. Writing is such a beautiful craft, I love that you called it an art form. So many people don’t view writing as art. But to me there’s no only way to describe it. Best of fortunate on future writing endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, writing is an art form, and you have the art within you. I hope that you continue writing and that I can read more. Thanks for being in my class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I am just now seeing this comment! I just want you to know I am in my third semester of nursing school. I am reading over these old posts and remembering how badly I want to write. Still one of my favorite classes, thank you.

      Delete

Disappointment, don't let it define you.

Disappointment. A single word that causes people to picture a time in their lives where life just didn't play out the way we thought it ...