Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Where will I find credible resources?

 I am not new to school, I would imagine neither are you, but have you ever been researching  for a paper 

and wondered, "Is the information I'm finding true and from a reliable source?", I definitely have. When 

writing a paper you are passionate about (or maybe not so passionate about) you want to ensure that you 

are researching information properly and productively. We,unfortunately do not have an unlimited 

amount of time, which means productivity is the key to research on the internet. There is only one 

problem with researching productively on the internet, the internet. We can be researching for one topic, 

when all of sudden we've clicked 20 links only to end up on a Buzzfeed video which has nothing to do 

with my topic of research, neither is it very reliable. I knew with the finite amount of time I have I needed 

to find a better way. That's where I found an article, "The 6 Best Search Engines for Academic Research" 

by Low Country Grad Center. After looking through each website, I found the holy grail of search 

engines known for its credible information,iSeek. Low Country Grad Centers, article states this about 

iSeek, "iSeek is easily one of the best and widely used search engines for academic research on the 

internet. It has been especially designed keeping the students, teachers and scholars in mind. This search 

engine shows only reliable and relevant results that ultimately save your time and enable you to get your 

work done quickly. You can find safe, authoritative, intelligent and time-saving resources with iSeek.". I 

began to play around with the website using key words then trying full questions. As I started to test out 

this website, to ensure it met my needs I realized all the time I had wasted, by not using this website for 

my research. That is why I am writing today, we don't have all the time in the world, so do your research 

properly by researching productively.

"6 Best Search Engines for Academic Research" May,2017- https://www.lowcountrygradcenter.org/the-6-best-search-engines-for-academic-research/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disappointment, don't let it define you.

Disappointment. A single word that causes people to picture a time in their lives where life just didn't play out the way we thought it ...